For this company we are looking for a Solution Architect with a keen eye on Technology. The company is the world’s only inspection and industrial services specialist to combine innovative technologies, critical insights, state-of-the-art equipment and advanced data management with a streamlined project approach.
They utilize insightful techniques with innovative inspections and industrial technologies to ensure the customers have the best solutions for accurate and reliable data at their disposal, enabling them to reduce project time, risk and cost.
The company works on:
- Development of new Non-destructive inspection technologies.
- Design and engineering of high-tech inspection systems, including procedure qualification and training.
- Development and engineering of the software applications that run their inspection robots.
In order to realize the growth of the Technology Center, we are looking for an enthusiastic Solution Architect who wants to grow further in the role of Solution Architect and likes to work in a team with different disciplines.
As an experienced Software professional, you have developed the skills to oversee an application landscape from multiple views: business, architecture, roadmap and technologies. In this complicated environment, you manage to develop a release calendar in which a balance is achieved with regard to business returns, product innovation, rejuvenation of old application, and end-user satisfaction. The software applications all deliver to the inspection tools and robots of the organization. A high-tech environment combined with blue collar hands-on pragmatism. Next to tracking the long-term objectives, you are not hesitant to contribute to running software development projects in the role of project manager, scrum master or application designer.
You have developed the skills and learned the tools to proficiently communicate software architectures, dependencies etcetera.
Our applications are currently local PC-based and require much user interaction. Some new developments are envisioned to be cloud-based. Some existing software functionality or modules are planned to be migrated in the coming years.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Together with the Manager Technology Center and the Team leader software, you own and refine the software development roadmap.
- Assist in the development of (top-level) requirements packages and the application implementation/roll out process.
- Since the development of the Software Development Roadmap will not be a full-time job, you will contribute to other software development activities as well.
Experience and requirements (listed as most important above)
Our ideal candidate will have the following personality characteristics, education and experience:
- Team player and capable of communication with varying stakeholders: developers, end-users and management.
- Has the ambition to contribute bringing our application development to a more professional level in the coming years.
- A proven (5-year+) track record in the development of technical software applications.
- Capability to step away from day-to-day problems and oversee a multi-project and multi-year software roadmap.
- Fluent in English, Dutch speaking is a plus.
- Dutch working permit, resident in the Netherlands.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent by working experience.
- Experience as a senior software developer or architect.
- Knowledge of or experience with:
- Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Web based technologies is a plus
- Microsoft Azure development environment is a plus
- Databases is a plus
- C++ and/or C# is a plus
Please send your CV and application letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have would like to know more about this vacancy, please contact Claudia de Vette at the same address.