This famous security lab is an ambitious organization specializing in embedded security testing for leading international clients from the semiconductor, payment, Pay TV, mobile and smart metering industry. She is one of the world’s most advanced players in the field of side channel attacks and embedded technology evaluation
The company has engaging projects, an open office environment, and they are looking for self-motivated individuals who would like to embrace the opportunity to drive security forward in our growing company
What is my role?
- The organization evaluates the security of products that use embedded and smart card technologies, usually in teams of 2-4 security analysts. The main activities of the evaluation process include analysing threats and weaknesses by taking apart a device’s specifications, code or hardware, and then developing the necessary tools to attack the security. Results of this go into a report, and we give recommendations for solving these problems.
- In addition to evaluation work they carry out other projects, including consultancy work, research, tool development, and training. As a state-of-the-art lab, our internal research and development process is a necessity to remain competitive. We record the knowledge we gain during our projects in the knowledge database to ensure it is preserved and shared within the organization.
- Work is mainly done at the office in Delft. Parts of a project may require working at the customer’s premises. Depending on the type of assignment and your level of experience you are in regular contact with a customer’s technical liaison during a project. All communication with our customers is in English.
What skills do I need
- You have successfully completed an academic course in Information Technology or Electrical Engineering.
- You have at least 4 years work experience in:
- Programming languages: C, C++, JavaCard, Assembly.
- Smart Cards, Secure elements or other embedded devices such as System-on-Chips, and associated applicable test methods (Logical, Fault Injection and Side Channel Analysis).
- Dealing with the major security evaluation schemes like Common Criteria, EMVCo or Global Platform.
- Being responsible for the technical quality of evaluation projects. Ideally you are used to steering a team of analysts during evaluation activities.
- Leading technical projects.
- Experience with software development or (security) testing for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of (EMV) payment products is an advantage, as is experience with security evaluations, Java Cards, attack techniques and an interest in hacking products.
- Supporting project management in coordinating complex evaluation projects under the given timelines and budgets.
- Being the technical interface to various ITSEFs and certification schemes
- You have a creative mind with an eye for detail, and the ambition to drive security forward.
- You have an excellent command of the English language and the ability to communicate knowledge convincingly to external parties.
- You have good social skills and you are a pleasant co-worker who likes to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team of security specialists.
- You are flexible, and you enjoy travelling to customers in Europe, North America, or Asia every now and then.